Tuesday 29 June 2010

June challenge

For the June challenge at Christy Nelson's monthly challenges we had glitter paper, pill bottle, clay, raffia and favour cup to use. When I received the package I had no idea what to do with it, until I got the idea to make a necklace.
After gluing together the raffia I began to make a macramé necklace, adding the favour cup bow, glitter paper rose and clay beads with melted plastic. This is what I ended up with:
It was OK, but I didn't like it. So I almost ripped it apart to begin again.
This time I used some extra thread, since it was almost impossible to reuse all the raffia from before. I also had to make smaller beads, since the first ones was a bit too big for a bracelet. When I was done braiding the thread with the beads and added the rose and turned the paper bow into leafs. I then sew on the lace and ribbon and it was done. I really like it, and will probably try to make another one with different material later.

No comments:

Post a Comment