Sunday 13 March 2011

Portrait of my sisters dog, Zico

This is actually old, it's about 1,5 years old, if not more, but it's still amazing I think. This is a portrait of my sisters dog, ZIco, which I gave to her a few days after it was finished. It's the first time I have drawn on a feather, and it's the first time I have drawn any animals!

A little back story first; a few months before my sisters birthday I stumbled across feather painting, and instantly knew I had to try it. But because I didn't have any feathers I had to buy some, and after some days roaming the net shops I ended up with a bit too many feathers, especially since I have only used one so far, I have a problem.

But this post isn't about the supplies I buy but never use, or rarely use.


It did take me a little to realize I could paint her dog on the feather, I thought first about a big drawn portrait, but then changed my mind because it would mean my flaws would be easier noticed. When the portrait was done, which took me less than two hours, I still remember because I managed to paint it while my son was sleeping.
When it was completely done I decorated the feather with some thread, and added a loop so my sister could hang it up.


This is the picture I used as reference:

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing, I didn't even know that this was possible. How are you not a famous feather painting artist yet?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome - you are so talented! Your sister is so lucky to have received such a beautiful gift. Gosh, I wish you were MY sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :)
    I also wish you were my sister, you're talented as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. :P maybe because this is the first and only feather I have painted :P At least it won't be the last, my sisters chinchilla found the feather and ate half of her dogs face :P got to paint a second one for her, and this time it will be framed.

    ReplyDelete